Well, that was fast. Tom Crean will have a lot on his plate now.
The first question is, “Will Tom Crean be joining the CBS Halftime Shows promoting Georgia?” The next question is, “Does Tom Crean know what he is getting into?” The follow-up question, “Did Tom Crean receive a pizza and a bag of swag too?”
Here’s what Crean is going to have to do:
- Convince Jonas Hayes to stay. (Based on what we’re hearing, he’s going to be back. Give him a raise.)
- Build a staff.
- Re-recruit the entire team or run off who he wants to run off.
- Get the Class of 2019 back on board or go after who he wants, he has different priorities.
- Engage the students. Visit every residence hall, dining hall and do the Milledge Avenue tour immediately.
- Figure out how to beat a 2-3 Zone.
- Get ready for an offseason training program.
- Engage alumni groups all over. Just do it. Go to Atlanta, Charlotte, Nashville, Dallas, Washington, New York, Jacksonville, Chicago and Savannah. Be there. Make friends. Acknowledge your memeness so that people can take selfies with you doing that lost look.
- Meet with every local AAU coach and High School Basketball coach. In fact, go outside the region and meet with them too. Tell them that the old ways are behind and UGA is ready to move forward.
- Scheduling. The philosophy is going to change.
- Lots of photo ops.
- Don’t do what Mark Fox did. Just do not do it. No painting yourself up, you have dignity sir. No telling people that a Football Game comes before a Basketball Practice.
- Charity Men’s Basketball Game in Jacksonville before the Georgia-Florida Football Game, why not have a Georgia-Florida Charity Game?
There’s a lot for Tom Crean to do. One small request, bring back the Red Blazer and wear better pants or a better belt. Let’s have Will Wade be the worst dressed coach in the SEC.
Here’s the deal, let’s give Tom Crean a chance, unlike what Progressives did with President Trump. We’re going to give him a chance to prove that he can turn this around.