Who’s in? Who’s out? Who moved up and down?
The beauty of bracketology is that there are different ways of trying to determine how the NCAA Tournament Committee makes their selections. This means that when the brackets are filled, it is a fresh seeding each time. So that’s what happened here and after the games thus far, there have been shifts.
Some notable changes:
- Arizona State is now IN, but they were given an extremely disadvantageous location despite having a “bye”.
- Richmond is going to Dayton, the NCAA Tournament Committee likes sending teams that may not necessarily have the best strength of schedule to UD Arena. Richmond has performed well, but their strength of schedule is not impressive.
- Auburn tumbles down to a #9 seed, losing at Georgia and Missouri should result in negative consequences.
- Kentucky moves up to a #6 seed, but they get a worse location.
- Colorado moves up to a #3 seed.
- North Carolina State beating Duke knocked Duke off the #1 seed line and put the Wolfpack into a game with Cincinnati in Dayton.
- Indiana is OUT, they will have opportunities to get back into the field. They are the first team out.
- Stanford is OUT, they will have opportunities to get back into the field.
- Wisconsin moves up to a #7 seed and Purdue is Dayton bound.
|SOUTH – Houston||MIDWEST – Indianapolis|
|St. Louis||St. Louis|
|1) Baylor||Big XII||1) Kansas||Big XII|
|16) Prairie View A&M/Norfolk St.||SWAC/MEAC||16) Montana||Big Sky|
|8) Illinois||Big Ten||8) Rutgers||Big Ten|
|9) LSU||SEC||9) Xavier||Big East|
|5) Texas Tech||Big XII||5) Houston||American|
|12) ETSU||SoCon||12) Yale||Ivy|
|4) Florida St.||ACC||4) Seton Hall||Big East|
|13) Stephen F. Austin||Southland||13) Akron||MAC|
|6) Oregon||Pac-12||6) Kentucky||SEC|
|11) Purdue/Richmond||Big Ten/A-10||11) Arizona St.||Pac-12|
|3) Creighton||Big East||3) Louisville||ACC|
|14) Hofstra||CAA||14) Wright St.||Horizon|
|7) Marquette||Big East||7) Iowa||Big Ten|
|10) Wichita St.||American||10) Northern Iowa||MVC|
|2) Maryland||Big Ten||2) Dayton||A-10|
|15) Little Rock||Sun Belt||15) Colgate||Patriot|
|EAST – New York||WEST – Los Angeles|
|1) Gonzaga||WCC||1) San Diego St.||MWC|
|16) Robert Morris/St. Peter’s||NEC/MAAC||16) Winthrop||Big South|
|8) Florida||SEC||8) Saint Mary’s||WCC|
|9) Rhode Island||A-10||9) Auburn||SEC|
|5) Ohio St.||Big Ten||5) BYU||WCC|
|12) Cincinnati/NC State||American/ACC||12) Liberty||Atlantic Sun|
|4) Villanova||Big East||4) Penn St.||Big Ten|
|13) Vermont||America East||13) North Texas||C-USA|
|6) Michigan St.||Big Ten||6) Butler||Big East|
|11) Virginia||ACC||11) Utah St.||MWC|
|3) Colorado||Pac-12||3) Arizona||Pac-12|
|14) South Dakota St.||Summit||14) New Mexico St.||WAC|
|7) Wisconsin||Big Ten||7) Michigan||Big Ten|
|10) Oklahoma||Big XII||10) USC||Pac-12|
|2) Duke||ACC||2) West Virginia||Big XII|
|15) Austin Peay||OVC||15) UC Irvine||Big West